Esha Gupta caught in a Chakravyuh
Subhash K Jha (MUMBAI MIRROR; April 19, 2012)
The Bhatts gave her the first break. They even let her go ahead and sign another project. They agreed to let go of her dates so that she could shoot for it as well. But now, Esha Gupta’s constant shuttling between their project Jannat 2 and Prakash Jha’s Chakravyuh has raised an alarm. The Bhatts have ordered Esha right back for the promotion and marketing of their film.
Normally, the Bhatt brothers Mahesh and Mukesh like to keep their repertoire of talent within the banner for as long as possible. Esha was the only exception. So are they regretting their decision?
“Yes, we do like our discoveries to be loyal to our banner Vishesh Films. But we don’t believe in bonded labour,” said Mukesh Bhatt. Explaining why they had made an exception with Esha, he added, “Firstly, Prakash Jha is a friend and secondly because the role offered to her was not worth missing. So we said, why not?”
However Mukesh Bhatt admitted that the generosity has cost the Bhatt banner dearly. “We had to let her go at a time when she was needed for the promotion of Jannat 2. She’s also needed for the shooting of Raaz 3. We somehow spared her for a week. But she has to come back now.”
Prakash Jha admitted that the heroine’s dates are indeed a problem and said, “We could get her for only 6-7 days. Now we’ll be shooting with other actors until she’s available.”
- Soon watch films on your computer/phone/iPad one day before release
- Emraan to let go of Bhatt film to accomodate a Balaji film?
- Arjun Kapoor is the most desirable man of 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan looking for residential property in Bhopal?
- Prasoon Joshi’s poem on Anna Hazare included in Satyagraha
- Udita Goswami had hit on me first-Mohit Suri
- Sajid Khan finally steps out; spotted in Bhopal with Ajay Devgn
- My father was the backbone of Aashiqui-Mithoon
- Emraan Hashmi is back in the Bhatt fold
- Esha Gupta dumps Armaan Gujral for starlet?