Spiderman takes backseat for Paan Singh Tomar?
By Aakansha Naval-Shetye (DNA; April 12, 2012)
Any actor who has worked in Hollywood, can’t stop raving about its professionalism. Little wonder then, most actors are also known to have give more importance to their Hollywood commitments.
However, actor Irrfan seems to be an exception. Apparently, the actor has been trying to get the studio bosses in the West to reschedule his dubbing for the Spiderman franchise
The Amazing Spiderman, just so he can attend the DVD launch of his film Paan Singh Tomar here. According to a source, the actor will be cancelling his dubbing to fly downfor the event. “Irrfan is a thorough professional, and would have never asked to reschedule any commitment, but this film is really close to his heart and he is keen to attend the event slated to happen this Friday.
Also, considering the film has done so well, it only makes sense for the actor to attend the event. He is in talks with the studio to try and see if the dubbing dates can be reworked,” says an insider.
Apparently, the actor had held the screenings of Paan Singh Tomar for several of his friends in Hollywood including actor Angelina Jolie, as well as the cast and crew of Spiderman — actor Andrew Garfield and filmmaker Marc Webb, and had garnered much acclaim for his performance too. “Angelina has already admitted to being impressed by his work; Marc and Andrew were equally impressed by the film,” added another source.
- Irrfan Khan is now a farmer
- I want John and me to be like Ajay & Rohit-Sanjay Gupta
- Glad people found something universal in The Lunchbox-Ritesh Batra
- Lunchbox gets viewers’ award at Cannes
- Meet the fearless foursome of D-Day
- 3 movies old Nimrat Kaur attracts interest in international circles
- Tigmanshu Dhulia unleashes the singer-composer in him at a bash
- How stars prepare for their crucial scenes before the camera
- Help trickles in for Srivallabh Vyas
- Irrfan lands announced on the sets of Bullet Raja; plays Holi