Kajol-Freida Pinto get a makeover
Kajol and Freida Pinto stepped out dressed totally unlike their normal selves for recent events in India and abroad
Mumbai Mirror Bureau (April 12, 2012)
The thing with personal style is that even a little deviation immediately strikes the eye. And so when we spotted Kajol walk up for a recent party hosted by a fashion brand, we just couldn’t help but notice. Draped in a body hugging single shoulder embellished purple toga dress, the actress and mum of two looked refreshingly different.
Kajol who had got into the habit of draping either a Manish Malhotra sari or hiding her postpartum weight under layers of ankle length anarkalis showed off her knees for a change. Perhaps the most daring outfit Kajol had worn after she became a mommy, the purple toga reminded us of the dusky diva from the days of Baazigar.
Another actress who surprised us was Freida Pinto. At a recent international magazine event, the girl wore a simple flaming cab print Prada, which though pretty was totally unlike her normal wardrobe. With her hair clipped to one side, Freida looked more like she was out for some ice-cream than on the red carpet. She left us wondering about the media-made fashion goddess from the subcontinent, who took over the world more with her fashion than with her films.
- Ajay Devgn, Kajol planning to buy house in London?
- Bollywood beauties on Day 1 of 66th Cannes Film Festival
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge voted favourite film in 100 years
- Kajol, Ajay Devgn to clean up Lonavala-Khandala
- Ameesha Patel is all set for Cannes outing
- Aishwarya, Sonam, Freida to represent India, L’Oréal Paris at Cannes
- Freida Pinto’s Trishna to release in India minus the steamy sequences
- Major B-Town stars give Sridevi-Subrata Roy’s bash a miss?
- Trishna is no Shah Rukh Khan or Salman film-Freida Pinto
- Freida Pinto at White House this weekend