Shahid Kapoor wants to opt out of Vettai remake?
Vickey Lalwani (MUMBAI MIRROR; April 10, 2012)
The remake of South blockbuster Vettai is in jeopardy. While UTV was seriously motivated to go ahead with their venture, after co-producer Karan Johar quit the production, we’ve learnt that lead actor Shahid Kapoor may follow suit.
According to a source close to the film, Shahid isn’t too impressed with the script. In fact, the actor was a little taken aback with the mismatch between the original Vettai and the script for its Hindi remake. He discussed it with Karan Johar as well. “The final narration did not go down too well with Shahid. He won’t do the film, if he is not happy with it,” said the source.
Meanwhile, to convince Shahid about the film, director Linguswamy, who having directed the original is also in charge of the Hindi remake, will be flying down to Mumbai on Thursday.
Earlier, Sonakshi Sinha had refused to be a part of the same Hindi remake. According to sources close to the production house, Sonakshi wasn’t too happy when she found out that she was being considered for the second female lead.
According to rumours, for the female lead in the Hindi remake Ileana D’Cruz is being considered by the makers. However, that will only be finalised after Shahid gives his nod of approval.
Shahid and UTV remained unavailable for comment.
- As a kid, I thought Nargisji was my grandmother-Ranbir Kapoor
- Kareena-Lovely drift apart due to misunderstandings created by common friends?
- Shahid Kapoor completes a decade in Bollywood
- Why Salman Khan did a cameo in Shahid Kapoor’s Phata Poster Nikla Hero
- Ranbir Kapoor is a star, I am just an actor-Arjun Kapoor
- Bollywood can wait: Lalit Modi’s niece off to US for further studies
- The man who changed Shahid Kapoor’s life
- Gippi is a Ranbir Kapoor fan
- Karan Johar’s acting career gathers momentum?
- Karan Johar is quite eccentric once you get to know him-Zoya Akhtar