Jackie Chan, Salman and Kamal in Rs 300-cr desi film?
Buzz is that the Hollywood star will apparently play lead in a South project, Salman Khan and Kamal Haasan will do cameos
By Mauli Singh (MID-DAY; March 26, 2012)
The grapevine is buzzing with news about the three superstars, Jackie Chan, Salman Khan and Kamal Haasan sharing screen space in an Indian film.
Apparently, South director Venu Ravichandran, also known as Aaskar (Oscar) Ravichandran, has already roped in Jackie to play the lead in his next and is in talks with Sallu and Kamal Haasan to do cameos in the action film.
The filmmaker had recently revealed his plans to make a sequel to the Jackie’s Armour of God. Ravichandran has been negotiating with the Hollywood actor for long and now a deal is closed to being sealed.
A source says, “It will be the mother of all action films and is going to be made on a mammoth budget of R 300 crore. It will be the most expensive Indian film ever made.”
The source reveals, “Ravichandran has approached Salman to play an important cameo. He feels the actor has one of the best bodies in Bollywood and the charisma to match Jackie. Only he can carry that role.
Having Salman on board will also help in getting the nationwide reach.” With Khan’s work calendar crammed with endless days of shooting, we wonder if the director will be able to pull it off. Salman remained unavailable for comments.
- Salman Khan in two minds as Kushal makes desperate plea to enter Bigg Boss house?
- My mum’s mother used to throw rocks at my dad-Sonakshi Sinha
- Did Salman Khan bump into Iulia Vantur while shooting for Jai Ho in Romania?
- Sohail Khan re-shooting some scenes Jai Ho by setting up 3 locations in his sets?
- Salman Khan to open Karan Johar’s Koffee With Karan Season 4?
- Let me know in advance next time; will wear matching bikini-Katrina Kaif
- Salman Khan to play second fiddle to Paresh Rawal in Mahesh Manjrekar’s next?
- Mahabharat’s makers want Salman Khan to voice Lord Krishna?
- Check out shirtless and bloodied Salman Khan shooting for Jai Ho
- 16 years after Judwaa, Salman Khan-Sajid Nadiadwala to bring Kick on Eid