Jackie Chan, Salman and Kamal in Rs 300-cr desi film?
Buzz is that the Hollywood star will apparently play lead in a South project, Salman Khan and Kamal Haasan will do cameos
By Mauli Singh (MID-DAY; March 26, 2012)
The grapevine is buzzing with news about the three superstars, Jackie Chan, Salman Khan and Kamal Haasan sharing screen space in an Indian film.
Apparently, South director Venu Ravichandran, also known as Aaskar (Oscar) Ravichandran, has already roped in Jackie to play the lead in his next and is in talks with Sallu and Kamal Haasan to do cameos in the action film.
The filmmaker had recently revealed his plans to make a sequel to the Jackie’s Armour of God. Ravichandran has been negotiating with the Hollywood actor for long and now a deal is closed to being sealed.
A source says, “It will be the mother of all action films and is going to be made on a mammoth budget of R 300 crore. It will be the most expensive Indian film ever made.”
The source reveals, “Ravichandran has approached Salman to play an important cameo. He feels the actor has one of the best bodies in Bollywood and the charisma to match Jackie. Only he can carry that role.
Having Salman on board will also help in getting the nationwide reach.” With Khan’s work calendar crammed with endless days of shooting, we wonder if the director will be able to pull it off. Salman remained unavailable for comments.
- Shah Rukh Khan-Salman Khan were shooting in Goa at the same time?
- Andaz Apna Apna 2 to go on floors?
- Salman Khan makes a comfort call to Sanjay Dutt’s daughter
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- I call my dad Bappuji as he likes Mahatma Gandhi-Shruti Haasan
- Sonakshi reaches event; but doesn’t come out of van due to Kangna?
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away
- SRK makes Kamal Haasan copy do the Chammak Challo dance step?
- The fall and fall of Mallika Sherawat
- Salman Khan’s Mental to see a change in name?