Chitrangda Singh lookalike in B-Town
Nidhi Subbaiaha has signed first film with Akshay Kumar
Tushar Joshi (BOMBAY TIMES; March 22, 2012)
There have been several times when South actress Nidhi Subbaiaha, who has done seven Kannada films so far, has been mistaken for Chitrangda Singh. We don’t blame those people, because there is a startling similarity between the two. Ask her about the comparisons and she says, “I get that all the time, but I don’t want to be somebody’s mirror image. I think Chitrangda is gorgeous, but I am my own person.”
Nidhi, who has just signed her first Hindi film Oh My God! with Akshay Kumar, reveals her entry into B-town was quite filmi. “I was at the Bombay Times party with my friends in November last year, and Akshay and John Abraham were around promoting Desi Boyz. After they left, someone came and told me that Akshay had noticed me and wanted me to come for an audition. I thought it was a joke and didn’t show much interest. I gave him my email address and left the party thinking it was someone wanting to get fresh with me!”
But the next day, when she received an email calling her for an audition, Nidhi was super excited. “I couldn’t believe Akshay had actually shown interest in me,” she says.
Keen to do more films in B-Town, she adds, “People down South recognise me because of my films, but it will be great to have more people watch my work.”
- Chitrangda too distraught with ‘divorce’; opts out of fashion show?
- Dhadkan 2 in the making
- Akshay Kumar-Sonu Sood bonding on the sets of Entertainment?
- Akshay Kumar to play Mithun Chakraborty’s role in Shaukeen remake?
- Chitrangda Singh files for divorce from husband Jyoti Randhawa
- Ajay offers support to Ekta and her Eid release OUATIM 2?
- Bollywood goes Yamla Pagla Deewana
- Akshay pays tribute to Phalke; begins shoot of Marathi film on May 3
- Akshay Kumar wants to work with Shah Rukh Khan in a film?
- I am doing my thing, and Chitrangda is doing hers-Jyoti Randhawa