Pungi was liberating for me-Saif Ali Khan
Saif Ali Khan has hit the jackpot with his item number
Meena Iyer (BOMBAY TIMES; March 20, 2012)
Saif Ali Khan, who had great music in his last production Love Aaj Kal, is confident that Pritam’s music will work its magic on Illuminati Films’ Agent Vinod as well. Says he, “Music is luck. There are people who have a ear for it and work hard on their tracks. However, getting a track like Pyar Ki Pungi is like hitting the jackpot. Every once in a while, a juicy hit song falls into your lap, and the Pungi number is a bigger hit than the entire Love Aaj Kal bouquet. Whatever helps the movie at this stage is welcome.’’
Saif adds that director Sriram Raghavan is not very Hindi music oriented, nor was he keen that Agent Vinod should sing songs. Says he, “A spy singing a song seems odd, and both Sriram and I felt it may take way from the character. Though, of course, the lead character singing songs is a popular idea in Hindi cinema.”
Since Agent Vinod still had to have songs, they managed an eclectic yet very convincing album, with Delhi-based rock
band Parikrama even doing the title track. An excited Saif says, “Another track was born when my partner Dinesh Vijan came home and heard me reliving my childhood with Boney M playing loudly. He thought it would be great to have something that sounds like Rasputin. The music company did some research because we didn’t want to get sued, and then came up with our own version of a Turkish hit. It’s a good track and Maia Haydon has done well in it.’’
Saif is also gung-ho about Kareena Kapoor’s modern adaptation of the mujra song Dil Mera Muft Ka. He says, “The music of our film works beautifully when you watch the movie. If you listen to it on the CD, you will hear it differently. Unlike some films where the music is orchestrated to accomodate a song sung by the hero, in Agent Vinod it’s more of a background action piece. Most of the songs are cut to action sequences rather than romance, because that’s how it’s meant to be.’’
Presented by Illuminati Films and Eros International, Agent Vinod releases worldwide on March 23.
- Saif making travel plans for Kareena’s birthday in September?
- Check out some of the best Bollywood star pictures of Jagdish Mali
- Saif Ali Khan would love to see daughter Sara on the screen?
- Raj-DK to initiate campaign for aesthetic no-smoking short films
- Not here to set an example for society-Kunal Khemu
- Emraan Hashmi-Kunal Deshmukh-UTV team up for an edgy thriller
- Saif is hyper-energetic in his head – Raj Nidimoru-Krishna DK
- Saif Ali Khan uses champagne to clean his shoes
- Saif Ali Khan to romance Ileana DCruz in LA
- Pritam too busy for Madhuri Dixit?