Check out Rahul Bose as General Zulfikar in Midnight’s Children
Deepa Mehta’s adaptation of Salman Rushdie’s Midnight’s Children has actor Rahul Bose playing General Zulfikar
Garima Sharma (BOMBAY TIMES; November 23, 2011)
Deepa Mehta’s casting for the film Midnight’s Children, based on Salman Rushdie’s book by the same name, has certainly generated a lot of speculation. Earlier in the year, many reports claimed that Rahul Bose had been signed on to play the character of Saleem Sinai. However, the actor is now portraying the role of General Zulfikar. In his first look from the movie, which was released recently, Bose and actress Anita Majumdar (who plays the role of Emerald), are shown on their marriage day. Shahana Goswami plays Mumtaz’s role. The movie, which is reportedly slated for a 2012 release, also has actors Siddharth, Shriya Saran, Soha Ali Khan, child actor Darsheel Safary, Shabana Azmi and Seema Biswas. Furthermore, UK-based musician Nitin Sawhney has given the music for it, and British composer and sarod player Soumilk Datta is also said to be a part of the project’s music.
- Shahana Goswami takes a break from commitment phobic Milind Sonam?
- Dear IMDB, Shah Rukh Khan is not gay
- Kiran Rao takes the ramp for a cause
- Rahul Bose won’t apologize for his reform comments
- Masala movies are not for me-Samrat Charkabarti
- Midnight’s Children, the best film of my career-Dolly Ahluwalia
- Me and Milind Soman not keen on marriage-Shahana Goswami
- Fenil’s Bollywood Talk # 241
- Protest nightmare revisits Salman Rushdie
- Bombay is all about its people-Salman Rushdie