Don 2 makers issue copyright infrigenment statement
By Bollywood Hungama News Network, November 18, 2011 – 17:41 IST
The makers of Don 2- Excel Entertainment- are upset about the allegations levied on them by Nariman Films. An official statement issued by the legal counsel of Excel Entertainment reads, “Excel Entertainment has not infringed any copyright leave alone that of Don (starring Amitabh Bachchan) by producing Don 2. Further, Excel Entertainment is the bona-fide author and owner of copyright of the films Don – The Chase Begins Again (i.e. Don 1), which has been confirmed by Nariman Films in writing. Excel is also the owner of the copyrights of Don 2.”
The statement further mentions, “In 2005, Nariman Films had given rights to Excel Entertainment, in perpetuity, for making Don – The Chase Begins Again. Don 2 is a sequel of Don – The Chase Begins Again along with the ownership to the underlying work therein. The entire story and dialogue of Don 2 has been prepared by Farhan and the other team members of Excel Entertainment. The title of Don 2 has been approved by AMPTPP in favour of Excel Entertainment. Excel Entertainment states that there has been no undue influence on persons of Nariman Films. Nariman Films, with their malafide intention and to extort unjustified and unearned monies from Excel Entertainment, have given the legal notice, which is baseless and devoid of merits. Excel Entertainment is suitably replying to the legal notice sent by the Advocates of Nariman Films. Excel Entertainment shall defend themselves and shall not permit Nariman Films to hamper the release of Don 2 under any circumstances whatsoever. The fact of Excel Entertainment making Don 2 has been in the public domain since 2009. It seems that it has now become a practice to give notices just before release of a film to extract monies. We at Excel Entertainment have done nothing wrong and shall stick to the correct legal and moral principals and defend what is right.”
- Special tribute to Yash Chopra in Morocco
- Why should I be unhappy?-Priyanka Chopra
- Rumours will always be a part of my life-Priyanka Chopra
- Channels will not buy satellite rights before film releases
- Dilshad Pastakia: Nobody touches SRK’s hair, but me
- Is the novelty of 3D already wearing off for Bollywood?
- Shah Rukh Khan to do cameo in Krrish 3?
- We are not a music factory-Shankar Mahadevan
- The 6 rulers of the 100 crore club
- Immediate love possible after break-up, says Shahid-Priyanka