Check out Rishi-Neetu celebrating first Diwali together
MUMBAI MIRROR; October 26, 2011
Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh got married, 31 years ago, in a lavish 20-day Punjabi wedding, breaking a million hearts. The successful romantic jodi was last seen in Dhan Daulat (1980) before Neetu quit films to be the quintessential Kapoor bahu.
Captured by ace photographer Shyam Aurangabadkar, the newlyweds are seen celebrating their first Diwali after marriage in the picture.
Surprisingly, clad in casuals instead of festive formal wear, Rishi looks at the camera excitedly while Neetu seems to be a little dazed in her long, flowing satin halter dress.
Theirs has been one of the most talked about marriages in tinsel town, remaining rock-solid even in rough weather. Talking about rough weather, in late 1997, allegedly Neetu called the cops during the wee hours of the morning claiming that her husband was physically abusing her in drunken rage. However, when the cops landed at Krishna Raj, she denied having called them, saying she was fast asleep during the so-called phone call.
The couple that entertained the audience with their chemistry right from their first film Khel Khel Mein (1975) to Do Dooni Chaar (2010) in this picture taken at the first Diwali celebration after their wedding looks happy to be together. Lighting up their first Diwali with sparklers, Rishi and Neetu are seen enjoying the festival with fire crackers.
The newly married Neetu in 1980 looks cuter if slightly chubbier than her gym-maintained supermom avatar of 2011.
Looking a little like his son Ranbir Kapoor from Bachna Ae Haseeno, Rishi sports a T-shirt with a ‘Love’ motif.
From their seven-year long courtship culminating into a stable marriage of 31 years and still going strong, this adorable couple has surely come a long way. We wish them many more Diwalis to celebrate.
- I was never taken seriously as an actor-Rishi Kapoor
- Timeless beauties who have romanced both father and son
- Makers of Shaukeen remake yet to find Mithun Chakraborthy’s replacement?
- Salman wanted me to become a man-Arjun Kapoor
- I’m as excited about Kaanchi as I was about Hero-Subhash Ghai
- Check out Rishi Kapoor, Kartik, Mishti on sets of Kaanchi in Nainital
- Rishi Kapoor, Neetu Kapoor find Shah Rukh Khan charming
- Bollywood does objectify women, but…-Zoya Akhtar
- Why Arjun Kapoor was nervous before shooting with Rishi Kapoor
- Rishi Kapoor’s character in Kaanchi based on Vijay Mallya?