VJ Ayushmann makes Bollywood debut
Subhash K Jha (MUMBAI MIRROR; October 06, 2011)
VJ and TV anchor, Ayushmann Khurrana, will be another name on the list of video jockeys who have transitioned to the silver-screen. Reportedly, Ayushmann will debut in Shoorjit Sircar’s film, titled Vicky Donor. And just like his fellow VJ Purab did for Onir’s film, Ayushmann too will reportedly play a sperm donor.
A source told us, “Ayushman plays a Punjabi cricket player, who donates his sperm. He is in love with a Bengali girl, essayed by television actress Yami Gautam.”
When contacted, Ayushmann said, “I attended theatre workshops with Prof N K Sharma in Delhi to get that ‘Dilliwala’ feel. It wasn’t difficult, since I am from the North.”
Director Sircar told Mumbai Mirror, “Ayushmann and I have been meeting doctors and donors from Mumbai and Delhi, since 2009. Ayushmann has an immediate connect with the younger generation. For the part of Vicky, I wanted a face that was easily identifiable and yet unexposed in cinema.
Vicky Donor is not a serious take on the subject of sperm donation, but a lighthearted look at the taboo attached to infertility and artificial insemination.”
- I can’t handle screaming and shouting-Sonam Kapoor
- Ayushmann Khurrana behaving like Shah Rukh Khan?
- My hero in Madras Café is all black with shades of grey-Shoojit Sircar
- How stars prepare for their crucial scenes before the camera
- My wife is my first and last girlfriend-Ayushmann Khurrana
- Rufy Khan on playing Gujju dramebaaz in Nautanki Saala
- Nauntaki Saala team talk about the Nautanki behind the scenes..
- Ayushmann shoots for ice-cream ad; then opts out
- I haven’t thought about acting yet-Neeti Mohan
- Pooja Salvi-Rohan Sippy on the lengthy kiss scene in Nautanki Saala