Dhoop Kinare returns as Kuch Toh Log Kahenge
BOMBAY TIMES (October 2, 2011)
About 25 years ago, Pakistani writer Haseena Moin made two television characters immortal when she took up the challenge from a friend to write the script of a TV show in two hours. The show was Dhoop Kinare and the larger than-life characters were Dr Ahmer Ansari and Dr Zoya. After more than two and a half decades, Kamlesh Pandey is set to recreate the magic of the show for the Indian audience with a new name, Kuch Toh Log Kahenge. And getting into the shoes of Dr Ahmer and Dr Zoya are Mohnish Bahl and Kritika Kamra.
“From the day that I started to write this serial, I had Mohnish Bahl in my mind. I like him as an actor and he is the perfect choice. For Dr Zoya’s character we needed a younger girl, so we finalised Kritika Kamra. I did workshops with both of them to check out their chemistry and comfort levels and Kritika actually surprised me. She got into the skin of the character without trying to emulate Zoya in any way. It will be a treat to watch them together.” says writer Kamlesh.
Tune in to Kuch Toh Log Kahenge starting October 3, 2011 every Monday to Friday at 8 pm on Sony Entertainment Television.
- Ek Thhi Naayka: Naaykas and daayans come together on TV
- Smriti Iraani returns to Balaji to do Daayan episode
- Karan Kundra seeing Madhura Naik?
- In 1999, I was drawing over 50 lakh p.a.-Sujoy Ghosh
- Chitrangda Singh lookalike in B-Town
- Don’t know why people pull me down-Mallika Sherawat
- Don’t brothers fight?-Sanjay Dutt
- Aamir mamu is like James Bond-Imran Khan
- Want to take action to another level-John Abraham
- Rascals: Jr Prankster meets Sr Prankster