Raju Hirani’s fake Twitter account removed
The director, who rarely uses the social networking site, learnt of a fake profile account in his name that took pot-shots at the industry’s leading men
Leading director, Rajkumar Hirani was the recent victim of identity theft. Reportedly, the director learnt of his Twitter imposter only two months after the fake account was created. And to top off his woes, the unidentified individual used the account to take pot-shots at the leading men of the industry.
A source informed us that Hirani, who does not use the social networking site frequently, was alerted about the fake profile by his friends.
The source explained, “Raju is not a Twitter person. He has an account, but he barely tweets. A false twitter profile in Hirani’s name was created.
The person began tweeting about Shah Rukh Khan and Abhishek Bachchan in a disrespectful manner. When Raju came to know about this, he was shocked.”
Initially, the tweets were not very offensive and so many of the people they were targeted at, chose to ignore them. However, the source said that the comments gradually became vicious. “It was a cause of major embarrassment to Hirani and he was flabbergasted at the profane remarks,” added the source.
When contacted, Hirani said, “Yes, it is true that there is an imposter who would keep tweeting offensive thoughts. I have filed an official complaint about it to the Twitter head office.” Reportedly, after he filed the complaint, the Twitter page was removed.
- Cop in Mumbai Mirror not a super-cop; he’s a real one-Sanjay Dutt
- Gihana Khan sizzles in item number in Mumbai Mirror
- Abhijeet Patil-A cop who protects women
- Prakash Raj-Sachiin Joshi play cat-n-mouse game in Mumbai Mirror
- Sachiin Joshi excited about singing in Mumbai Mirror
- Meet the new cop in town: Yeda Patil
- Promo: MUMBAI MIRROR
- First Look: MUMBAI MIRROR
- Sachiin Patil plays Yeda Patil in Mumbai Mirror
- Delhi heritage sites form song’s backdrop in Mumbai Mirror