Parineeti Chopra: YRF’s new blue-eyed girl?
Priyanka Chopra’s cousin Parineeti seems to have replaced Anushka Sharma; now the Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl actress will star in production house’s next opposite Arjun Kapoor
It seems that Anushka Sharma is no longer the blue-eyed girl of Yash Raj Films. And it seems that Priyanka Chopra’s cousin Parineeti has taken over. Parineeti, who features in Ladies v/s Ricky Bahl, was the latest YRF discovery. Initially, the industry was abuzz with speculation that Anushka would star opposite Boney Kapoor’s son Arjun in Habib Faisal’s next. But now we hear that Parineeti has been considered for the role.
A source told Mumbai Mirror, “YRF has decided that Parineeti is apt for the role. Habib Faisal is also very keen to work with Parineeti. Ditto for Aditya Chopra, who always takes most of the final decisions in YRF. An official announcement will be made in this regard very soon.”
Before she was signed up for Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl, Parineeti used to work in the marketing section of YRF Films. However, Aditya Chopra felt she was actress material. “Parineeti is doing an excellent job in Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl. She has good acting abilities. She fits the role in Habib’s film perfectly,” added the source.
When contacted, the YRF spokesperson said, “Anushka was never an option as the role needs a new girl. No final decision has been taken yet. We shall make an announcement as soon as we finalise the cast.”
- Cop in Mumbai Mirror not a super-cop; he’s a real one-Sanjay Dutt
- Gihana Khan sizzles in item number in Mumbai Mirror
- Abhijeet Patil-A cop who protects women
- Prakash Raj-Sachiin Joshi play cat-n-mouse game in Mumbai Mirror
- Sachiin Joshi excited about singing in Mumbai Mirror
- Meet the new cop in town: Yeda Patil
- Promo: MUMBAI MIRROR
- First Look: MUMBAI MIRROR
- Sachiin Patil plays Yeda Patil in Mumbai Mirror
- Delhi heritage sites form song’s backdrop in Mumbai Mirror