Madhur Bhandarkar to revisit Aashiqui?
The filmmaker has been asked by T-Series to recreate the 1990 romantic saga after he finishes Heroine
This might come as a surprise for many. Madhur Bhandarkar, who is known for his hard hitting dramas has just been asked by T-Series head honcho Bhushan Kumar to remake the 1990 superhit Rahul Roy-Anu Agarwal starrer romance Aashiqui.
A source informed Mumbai Mirror, “Only last week, T-Series decided that they should remake Aashiqui. Bhushan approached Madhur to direct the film. Madhur is mulling over it. It would be interesting to see how Madhur treats a romantic film. This would be a complete deviationfor him.”
Added the source, “Aashiqui has lilting tunes. It would be a big challenge to recreate music of that calibre. However, knowing Bhushan and Madhur, they both shall leave no stone unturned to create the very best for their film.”
The two filmmakers had a very long meeting a couple of days ago. We also hear, Bhushan is so keen to start off Aashiqui 2 that he even asked Madhur to start on the project as soon as he completes Heroine with Kareena Kapoor. It would be interesting to see if Madhur chooses Fashion 2 before Aashiqui or vice versa.
When contacted, Bhushan Kumar sounded surprised that we knew about the recent development in his office. He simply said, “Well now that you guys say it, I am thinking of remaking Aashiqui.”
Co-producer of Aashiqui Mahesh Bhatt said, “We’ve had talks with Bhushan to pick up the threads of our association which stopped in the 90s.”
- Buying luxury cars to celebrate film success latest fad in Bollywood?
- Shraddha’s decision to drop Aurangzeb for Aashiqui 2 turns the scales for her
- Sidharth Malhotra is a ‘whistleblower’?
- Ek bhi achcha gaana karte ho, notice ho jaate ho-Ankit Tiwari
- Sis-in-law Vidya arranges dinner to celebrate Aditya’s success
- Honeymoon time finally for Udita Goswami-Mohit Suri
- There will be Aashiqui 3 to maybe Aashiqui 100-Bhushan Kumar
- Aditya Chopra is my mentor-Shraddha Kapoor
- Movie Review: AASHIQUI 2 by FENIL SETA
- Fenil’s Bollywood Talk # 253