Three biggies missing at KJO’s birthday
Here’s why Salman, Aamir and Akshay were not present
Prithwish Ganguly (BOMBAY TIMES; May 27, 2011)
At Karan Johar’s birthday bash at Shah Rukh Khan’s home, Mannat, on Wednesday night there were a few prominent faces missing. Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar, and Salman Khan — all friends of the birthday boy were not present to wish the filmmaker. For appearances’ sake, it was not a party, but just friends getting together to watch Shah Rukh’s team play the eliminator match. However, a lot of film people did get calls two days earlier asking them to come for Karan’s birthday dinner at SRK’s house. Because of the venue, Salman, who is said to be in talks with Karan for his home production was not invited. Aamir was not present as he was in Puducherry, but the biggest mystery is why Akshay Kumar was left out of the guestlist. The actor’s wife Twinkle Khanna has been friends with Karan for years and has always been present at all his bashes. So why the omission? Especially because Farah Khan was invited, despite her fallout with King Khan.
- Priyanka Chopra-RGV left out of KJo’s bash?
- In 1999, I was drawing over 50 lakh p.a.-Sujoy Ghosh
- Chitrangda Singh lookalike in B-Town
- Don’t know why people pull me down-Mallika Sherawat
- Don’t brothers fight?-Sanjay Dutt
- Aamir mamu is like James Bond-Imran Khan
- Want to take action to another level-John Abraham
- Rascals: Jr Prankster meets Sr Prankster
- I wont go nude-Shakti Kapoor
- Payal Rohatgi to marry Sangram Singh?