Salman’s next possibly in 3D
If all goes well, he might be the first Khan we’ll get to watch in 3D in his next film Sher Khan
Imagine Salman Khan’s too-hot-to-handle abs. And now imagine it in 3D. Beating the other Khans, Salman has now decided to go three dimensional in his next film Sher Khan.
“First of all I am not playing Tarzan in the film and it has got nothing to do with the character at all. It is an adventure film based in a jungle,” clarified Salman Khan about his next endeavour with his brother Sohail.
While he dismisses any link to the famous man of the jungle in Sher Khan, the brothers are reportedly toying with the idea of making the film in 3D.
Our source told us, “It is Sohail’s idea to make it in 3D. However, Salman bhai is still in two minds about this. Shooting in 3D is very difficult and going by the standards of special effects expected these days, the Khan brothers want everything to be sorted before they take the final call.
However, Sohail is quite confident given his technical finesse. He is known to be very hands-on, as far as his films are concerned. Plus the film is a jungle adventure and so it will be fun watching the film, if it is in 3D.”
When asked about his scepticism to make the film in 3D, Salman explained, “As far as 3D goes, I am not sure. We are definitely thinking about it. However, 3D films have not worked in India and I am not too sure about its market.”
When contacted, Sohail said, “I am still working on the script and only after the script develops, we will decide if it has 3D scope or not.”
The historical fascination with 3D in India dates back to the release of James Cameron’s action- adventure sci-fi, Avatar, in 2009. The stereoscopic film was a breakthrough in cinematic technique and so ever since then, Bollywood filmmakers have been eager to follow suit.
While most of the 3D projects have fallen through, two have managed to go as planned. Vikram Bhatt’s Haunted, which released on April 15, is India’s first next generation stereoscopic 3D film. And Shirish Kunder’s Joker is the next 3D film to be released.
Considering the professional roll that Sallu has been on, we wonder if Sohail will let his brother take the final call.
- Salman Khan pushes No Entry sequel to make way for Barjatya’s next?
- Salman’s Mental heroine Sana Khan wanted for kidnapping
- Salman Khan’s voice SP Balasubramaniam now belongs to Shah Rukh
- Tracing Vindoo Dara Singh’s journey towards notoriety
- Salman Khan, Ashmit Patel travel around Lavasa in special two-wheelers
- We will start Dabangg 3 when Salman is ready-Arbaaz Khan
- Fenil’s Bollywood Talk # 257
- Aamir Khan, Salman Khan in a cameo in Phata Poster Nikhla Hero?
- Salman Khan resumes Mental, sans South fighters?
- Salman Khan to marry Romanian TV anchor?