Mumbai underworld targets Yash Chopra
Filmmaker sends a letter to the cops saying the Ravi Pujari gang has been calling to ask for Rs 50 lakh as protection money
The underworld has returned to Bollywood. And this time they have targeted none other than the YRF man himself.
Yash Chopra has been receiving threat calls from gangster Ravi Pujari. In fact, Chopra has even gone ahead and sent a letter to the Zonal DCP about the same and has received extra security post that.
According to the police, a Ravi Pujari gang member has been calling up the landline at Yash Raj Films office in Oshiwara. The person, at times claiming to be Ravi Pujari himself, has demanded protection money worth Rs 50 lakh from the filmmaker.
Tired with the calls, Chopra sent a letter to the cops and two constables have now been posted outside the YRF office.
|Underworld don Ravi Pujari has been threatening Yash Chopra (Above)|
This is however, not the first time Pujari or his gang members have threatened a film personality. Before Chopra, Ayesha Takia’s husband Farhan Azmi received threat calls in a similar fashion.
Filmmakers Mahesh Bhatt and Ravi Kapoor have also received threats from the same gang.
The Additional Commissioner of Police confirmed the story and said that the police are looking into the matter.
When contacted, a Yash Raj Films’ spokesperson denied the story. Yash Chopra was not directly available for comments.
- Bollywood follows Yash Chopra to Kashmir
- Pretty Young Things from Pakistan not in demand in Bollywood?
- The Censor Board’s guidelines for gaalis in movies
- How the Guide songs helped the film find a distributor
- Sushant Singh’s dreams of working in YRF venture shattered
- Hrithik Roshan does a no-show for Sanjay Dutt?
- Wondered how Sanju would cope with brutal world he was about to enter-Mahesh Bhatt
- Salman Khan makes a comfort call to Sanjay Dutt’s daughter
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- Soon watch films on your computer/phone/iPad one day before release