Sheila Ki Jawani, now a C-grade film!
Kanti Shah, who is known as the king of C-grade films in Bollywood, has an interesting one up his sleeve this time. Instead of using double entendres, Shah has used Katrina Kaif’s current sizzling chartbuster Sheila Ki Jawani as the title of his film.
The announcement on Shah’s film was used as an advertisement in a trade magazine recently. Kumar Mohan, the editor of the magazine, recalls, “When Kanti Shah came to me with the advertisement I laughed and told him that I knew he was capable of making the most of such ideas. These films are made on a shoestring budget of around Rs 25 lakh.”
Shah admits, “The day the song became a hit I decided to make the film. I finished shooting within 12 days.”
Shah insists his film is original and says, “I have only borrowed the first line of the song.” But interestingly, Shah’s wife Sapna, the protagonist in his film, plays a small-time heroine, much like Katrina, in the film.
Despite the grey areas, Shah wants to time the release of his film with Tees Maar Khan. He says, “I am working towards releasing the film on December 24. If I miss that I will surely release it in January 2011.” Are you fine with that Farah?
Image Source: BOLLYWOOD HUNGAMA.COM
- Check out Aamir Khan-Katrina Kaif shooting for Dhoom 3 climax
- Ranbir-Imran-Katrina-Anushka come together finally
- Katrina Kaif wants to be dancing queen for Bang Bang?
- Karan Johar is quite eccentric once you get to know him-Zoya Akhtar
- 100 years of Indian Cinema: The ‘Wood’en tales of Indian Cinema
- Ranbir takes Katrina for a ride; almost meets with accident?
- How stars prepare for their crucial scenes before the camera
- Action girl Katrina Kaif wants to play it safe?
- Reema Kagti & Zoya Akhtar: Our ladies of good counsel
- Bang Bang postponed from May 1, 2014 to May 12?