Aditya and I barely know each other-Monikangana Dutta
First, Hrithik Roshan and now, Aditya Roy Kapoor. Monikangana Dutta is surprised she hasn’t been linked to Sanjay Leela Bhansali yet
Prathibha Joy (BOMBAY TIMES; November 10, 2010)
She’s contractually bound to not talk about her debut film before its release. But with teaser trailers doing the rounds, reports of her steamy scenes with co-star Hrithik Roshan are abound. While she won’t admit or deny these reports, what model-turned-actress
Monikangana Dutta will say is that shooting for some of her scenes was far from comfortable. “I was shooting for the first time, and in front of the entire crew. I wasn’t comfortable at all. But Hrithik got me to relax. Most importantly, this is a Sanjay Leela Bhansali film and everything is shot aesthetically,” says Moni.
The nature of her scenes with Hrithik may also be why Moni was linked to the actor during the shoot of the film. “Once people figured there was no truth to that, they set about to find another link-up. Now I’m supposedly seeing Aditya Roy Kapoor, who’s also in the film. While he’s told the media we’re good friends, the truth is that I barely even know him. And definitely not on a personal level. I’m surprised that I haven’t yet been linked to Sanjay Leela Bhansali,” she laughs.
Though Moni is excited about the release of her debut film, what has her jumping for joy is her selection as a Victoria’s Secret Angel. She is, after all, the first Indian girl to make it to that league. Her threeyear contract with the international lingerie brand will see her rub shoulders with Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio and Miranda Kerr, among others. “I’m excited about meeting Alessandra — she’s stunning,” says Moni, who’ll soon head to Milan to shoot for the brand and participate in its annual fashion show.
This is the only modelling job Moni’s doing now. She’s bid adieu to the domestic fashion scene. And now, after having given up over a year-and-a-half of her prime modelling time for the movie, a career in cinema has become her priority. “Modelling will remain my first love and I’ll miss the thrill of a live audience. But I’ve made an attempt to change my body language, learnt to express my feelings, etc. Acting is my connection to a larger world. Modelling has a very limited audience. I’m waiting for when people recognise Moni, the actress,” she winds up.
- Has Kareena Kapoor blocked 180 days for Shuddhi?
- What I like about my father is how much he loves my mother-Sonam Kapoor
- Success makes me nervous-Aditya Roy Kapoor
- Why Sanjay Leela Bhansali is being cautious with Mary Kom biopic
- Something’s brewing between Alia-Varun; Shraddha-Aditya?
- Danny Denzongpa to make comeback with Hrithik Roshan-starrer Shuddhi?
- SLB can’t afford to take rest despite ill & being on liquid diet
- Hrithik Roshan does a no-show for Sanjay Dutt?
- Curse of Hamlet: Hrithik had tried to do the film thrice but failed each time?
- Priyanka to place punching bag in her building; residents peeved?