Khichdi-Some like it hot
And hot this movie is, ready to serve a wholesome amount of laughs
Diksha Kamra | TNN (BOMBAY TIMES; September 30, 2010)
When a comedy family comes together for a family comedy, a la Fox Studios’ Khichdi – The Movie, it’s difficult to differentiate the members from each other. No need to talk to them one by one, talk to all of them at one go. “Kyunki hum sab kuch same hi boltey hain,” insists JD Majethia, aka Himanshu. Why is that? Are they always rehearsed? “No, that’s because we have the same feeling,” says the ever-smiling Supriya Pathak aka Hansa, adding, “The baseline is the same. I don’t think any one of us thinks differently on our motive to stay together, keep laughing always and spread joy everywhere, which is much like Kurkure’s philosophy of having a happy time with your family while munching on a yummy bowl of the snack,” she explains.
When you are with your family, you let go of all the stress, they say. “That’s what happens to us when we work together. We leave our problems in the dressing room. Every moment is a cheerful one,” says Anang Desai, the aggressive babuji, while Nimisha adds, “This is why we all don’t rush to the makeup room, but rather, we prefer to sit together and chat most of the time.” But the credit for this, they insist, goes to the man behind the screen — the film’s director, Aatish Kapadia. “Aatish is the most humourous amongst all of us. He never lets us be serious for even a moment,” explains Rajeev Mehta.
And then within minutes, the family begins to pull each other’s leg again and there are bouts of laughter. The standing joke? How Supriya can’t afford to be Hansa in real life, ’coz if she does, “usko sab ghar se nikaal denge,” laughs Aatish.
- 100 years of Indian Cinema: The ‘Wood’en tales of Indian Cinema
- I don’t want to do a film I’ll regret-Manav Kaul
- I didn’t even know where to place the camera-Manav Kaul
- Parineeti-Kunal to replace Juhi in Kurkure ads?
- I blame it on my being a great boyfriend-Shahid Kapoor
- In 1999, I was drawing over 50 lakh p.a.-Sujoy Ghosh
- Chitrangda Singh lookalike in B-Town
- Don’t know why people pull me down-Mallika Sherawat
- Don’t brothers fight?-Sanjay Dutt
- Aamir mamu is like James Bond-Imran Khan