I really really like Sangeeta and Somy-Salman Khan
In a saucy, hatke interview, Salman Khan unleashes his hilarious, wicked side
I keep an early alarm to wake up on time so that I can interview Chulbul Pandey aka Salman Khan. Zipping past the mad traffic to make it on time, I enter Mehboob Studio. Luckily the star hasn’t arrived. I wait for a few minutes and Sallu arrives with his entourage. The actor has his table-chair set outside his vanity van, where we sit under the hot sun discussing his new avatar as host on Bigg Boss 4. Excerpts from a fun rendezvous:
• If given an opportunity, would you go inside the Bigg Boss house and be locked up with the contestants with no connection with the outside world?
As long as there are no cameras inside, yes, I will.
• For how long can you remain disconnected from the outside world?
Let me see now.
• But will you experiment and go inside?
I have been in more difficult situations than the contestants of Bigg Boss can ever be in! And I have handled them pretty well I guess…So I don’t think it will be that much of a problem. It will be a party place for me. I like people, good people, great people.
• Who would be the first person you would make a call to apart from your parents after getting out?
(Thinks) Apart form my parents, I would call Ashvini (programming head of the channel) and ask her what to do next.
• The contestants discuss everything under the sun about their personal lives. Do you find it right?
That’s good na. It’s entertaining.
• Would you discuss your personal relationships in the house, seen and heard by everyone?
You guys discuss my personal life without even knowing it. That is what I find very amusing. So I don’t even react to it and nobody else also reacts to it. And now the fans have also stopped reacting to it. Now I am on Twitter ya, so whenever something comes up, they immediately tweet.
• Tell me five actors you would like to see in the Bigg Boss house together?
I would like Sanju to be here (Sanjay Dutt), Govinda, myself, Jackie (Jackie Shroff), Akki (Akshay Kumar). We all will have a blast.
• Five actresses?
Five names you choose. All are good.
• Five directors?
All the directors should remain outside and keep directing
• If you were locked in the house with Vivek Oberoi, John Abraham, Shah Rukh Khan, who would you eliminate?
Do I have to answer this question?
I have to? What if I don’t, then?
• You just have to say one person’s name!
I would eliminate myself.
• And if you are not in the house with them, who would you choose to eliminate?
(Loudly) If I am not in the house, I am not the Bigg Boss, then I don’t have the right to eliminate anybody. They can be in as longgg as they want.
• If you had Sangeeta Bijlani, Somy Ali and Aishwarya Rai in the house, who would you eliminate?
I would keep them all.
• You wouldn’t eliminate anyone?
(Long pause) I really really like Sangeeta and Somy. They are my friends.
• Which actresses, if inside, will have cat fights according to you?
I think the actresses nowadays are pretty chilled out. Because I have worked with most of them. They all get along. The way the heroes get along, the actresses get along.
• You mean actresses only get along on screen?
No, off screen also. Nobody is into each other’s work. They are all in their spaces.
• Every contestant is given a household duty to do? What duty would you take up?
I would take the duty of cooking.
• If given a chance, what would you cook?
Nothing! I’ll make such bad food for everybody that they will run away from my food.
• What is the hatke lingo you plan to use on this show?
I would use a lot of beep wali gaalis.
• Among the Hollywood celebrities, which star would you like to see as an inmate inside and why?
I have no idea. I don’t know anybody in Hollywood. I know my friends from here. This industry is Hollywood for me.
• Aren’t you disturbed that controversy never seems to leave you?
Doesn’t that disturb you guys?
• No, it doesn’t disturb us.
No? Then why should it disturb me?
• Why do people see you in a film and want to copy your style?
You are seeing what I am wearing (points out to his clothes). It is very easily affordable. Jeans, t-shirt, ek joota hai and my bracelet, kabse pehen raha hoon.
• Do you have any regrets from the past?
No, not at all.
|Print article||This entry was posted by Fenil Seta on September 29, 2010 at 2:03 PM, and is filed under Interviews. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
No comments yet.
No trackbacks yet.
about 7 minutes ago - No comments
By Joginder Tuteja, November 15, 2010 – 09:55 IST EXPECTATIONS 2010 couldn’t have ended on a better note. One expects nothing but the best to bring on the smiles as one moves on from one year to another. With the music of Tees Maar Khan arriving at the stands now and expected to make waves
about 13 minutes ago - No comments
By Bollywood Hungama News Network, November 15, 2010 – 12:46 IST Being famous comes with a certain bit of responsibility and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is certainly realising that. Her upcoming film Guzaarish is already marred with controversies and the film is yet to release. What with the film’s posters creating a stir within the medical community.
about 14 minutes ago - No comments
By Joginder Tuteja, November 15, 2010 – 11:38 IST The audience has been caught unaware, the trade is surprised, the industry is amazed and the detractors shocked. Aamir Khan, whose last release (3 Idiots) was close to a year back, hadn’t signed a film for ages. In fact work on 3 Idiots had begun more than
about 18 minutes ago - No comments
By Subhash K. Jha, November 15, 2010 – 13:22 IST Saif Ali Khan is all set to play his first biographical character in Siddharth Anand’s 2 States. The role of the Punjabi ‘boy’ Krish who will marry his Tamilian sweetheart Ananya but only with the consent of the two sets of parents is essentially the story
about 4 hours ago - No comments
Apparently theatre owners are apprehensive of showing a film with gay content fearing it may not go down well with families Subhash K Jha (MUMBAI MIRROR; November 15, 2010) If the team is to be believed the film, Dunno Y…Na Jaane Kyun, about a homosexual relationship, has been barred from being released in some of
about 4 hours ago - No comments
Kunal M Shah (MUMBAI MIRROR; November 15, 2010) Aamir Khan might be the most powerful marketing wizard in Bollywood right now, but his wife is certainly climbing a rung above him in this department. For her debut film, Dhobi Ghat, Kiran Rao will personally write postcards to friends in the media and online fans of
about 4 hours ago - No comments
Mahek Chahal came from Norway to do an item number with the Deols in Yamla Pagla Deewana but Dharam praaji was tough to match steps with Vickey Lalwani (MUMBAI MIRROR; November 15, 2010) After Bollywood’s best munnis, including Malaika Arora Khan, Urmila Matondkar and Amisha Patel, refused to take on the challenge, Mahek Chahal agreed