Controversial character from Lamhaa chopped off
Anxious not to increase problems for Lamhaa, Bunty Walia removes the controversial character of Kuku Pare
Bunty Walia’s film Lamhaa has been mired in controversies from day one. Now we hear that the character of militant-turned-politician Kuku Pare has been completely chopped from the film. Newcomer Ajaz Khan plays the role of Pare in the Rahul Dholakia-directed film.
Our source said, “The entire track has been removed as the producers of the film did not want any more trouble. Apparently Kuku Pare was not very happy that his character was being portrayed in the film. Bunty and Rahul decided it was best to remove the character than risk any more trouble.”
|Ajaz Khan as Kuku Pare||Bunty Walia|
When contacted Bunty Walia said, “The character was not fitting in the scheme of things. Rahul thought that the character should be left out and that’s about it. There is nothing more to it.”
Ajaz Khan, who plays the role, said, “I have no issues if it is for the betterment of the film. Bunty is a close friend and it was a good role for a newcomer like me. However I am sure we will work together in the future. There were too many controversies surrounding the film. I guess they didn’t more with this character.”
- Bunty Walia speaks as Sanjay Dutt completes a month in jail
- Hope floats for Ajaz Khan and his film Lakeer Ka Fakeer
- Journalist assaulted during Sanjay Dutt’s journey to TADA court?
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- 100 years of Indian Cinema: The ‘Wood’en tales of Indian Cinema
- What’s the point of winning National Awards?
- The Jolly effect: Recent cases against films, makers
- Stars, cricketers to play football
- Ajaz Khan trains with ATS officer for Ya Rab
- Cop in Mumbai Mirror not a super-cop; he’s a real one-Sanjay Dutt