Barbara’s Spanish film’s release delayed after Kites debacle
The producer, who was set to release Barbara Mori’s Spanish film, seems to be developing cold feet after the Kites debacle
Rakesh Roshan’s kati patang has had a domino effect in the industry. The producer Jayantilal Gada, who was keen to release Barbara Mori’s Spanish film My Brother’s Wife, is introspecting on the wisdom of the idea. Barbara hasn’t exactly created a flutter after the release of Kites. The big question that Gada is grappling with now is: Can he bank on her to carry the film?
Though Gada has dubbed the film in English and Hindi, he has decided to postpone the release of his film. Scheduled to release in June, the film will now release only two-three months later.
A source says, “It’s a business decision. The Indian audience did not lap up Kites. He expected Kites to do very well. There was so much hype about that film. But now, Gada wants all the negativity about Kites to die down.
He expects that this will happen in two-three months time. Only then, he will release his film.”
The producer is putting up a brave front though. Gada said, “I was sure that Kites will be a super hit. So I had decided to release my film immediately after Kites. But now we are adding four good songs (two by Atif Aslam) to the film as background score.
However, I must say that I am very confident about my film. You can say that I am relaunching Barbara Mori in India. Boney Kapoor is releasing my film.”
- Soon watch films on your computer/phone/iPad one day before release
- Bollywood goes Yamla Pagla Deewana
- 100 years of Indian Cinema: The ‘Wood’en tales of Indian Cinema
- Rakesh Roshan scraps romantic song from Krrish 3?
- Sridevi and sister Srilatha make up after years
- Krrish 3 to release on Sunday, November 3
- Must Read: Here’s what’s cooking at the nearest film set
- Triple role for Hrithik Roshan in Krrish 3
- Krrish animated series on Cartoon Network
- Atif Aslam ties the knot