I hope my son keeps the legacy alive-Shatrughan Sinha
MEENA IYER Times News Network (BOMBAY TIMES; March 8, 2010)
Luv Sinha is to the manor born. On April 2, he will make his Bollywood debut in Raj Kanwar’s Sadiyaan with top-of-the-line actors like Hema Malini, Rishi Kapoor and Rekha. His dad, Shatrughan Sinha, is very proud of Luv’s acting prowess, but at the same time, he has certain parental concerns. “The expectations from Luv are very high,’’ says the inimitable Shotgun. “He comes with the tag of being my son, so naturally, there is a lot that is expected of him. I sincerely wish that people don’t say he is a copy of his father or mother (Poonam). After all, Luv does come from a family of actors. Sometimes this leads to unfair comparisons.’’
Anxieties apart, Shotgun Sinha, one of Bollywood’s most powerful actors through the 1980-90s, is also happy that his boy is being launched in such a near-perfect film. “Sadiyaan has everything you need. It is an emotional, gripping and meaningful romantic film full of twists and turns. It has great histrionics from Hema, Rishi and Rekha. Luv is fortunate to start his journey with these stalwart friends of mine. His co-star Farheena Vazir is also a delight to watch on screen. As an actor I’m jealous that my son got such a fabulous launch pad. But as a father, I’m happy that he is making his debut in a film such as this,’’ says the proud father. Shatrughan feels blessed that his three children — the twins Luv and Kush and daughter Sonakshi — have been brought up with the right values. “None of them have any vices, they’re all fitness freaks and most importantly they’ve been taught to respect their elders. The first step to being a good actor is being a good human being. As my children, they will get many opportunities. How they put these opportunities to good use is up to them.’’ Meanwhile, Shatrughan believes Luv’s competition is with himself. “He has to better himself with each scene, each film that he takes on. To make a lasting impression, Luv will need a lot of luck, hard work and the blessings of the people.’’ In true Shotgun style, he adds, “There may be many more talented people from Bihar and Jharkhand but I am the first and the last star from this region. I hope my son will keep the legacy alive.’’
- To meet Hrithik at home, I have to make an appointment-Rakesh Roshan
- Signed Kareena? I’ve never even met her-Umesh Shukla
- I’m blessed with an expressive face-Sonakshi Sinha
- Abhishek-Kareena bury the past; to work in Umesh Shukla’s next?
- Amit Sadh to play younger Rishi Kapoor in Mehrunissa?
- In pictures: Dr Ashok Chopra’s condolence meet
- Does Sonakshi Sinha have Dev D’s music ringing in her ears?
- I can call Akshay and Salman my friends-Sonakshi Sinha
- Check out Mithun Chakraborty, Rishi Kapoor shooting for Kaanchi
- Ranveer Singh-Sonakshi Sinha is one of the most exciting lead pairs-Karan Johar