Agyaat's marketing gimmick scares people!
Publicity ke liye kuch bhi karega seems to be Ram Gopal Varma’s new motto. He pushed the limits by putting up hoardings of Agyaat which appeared to have a dead man hanging from them. Apparently, Priyanka Kothari’s lusty bust thrust in an item number was not enough. On Monday, the city woke to the startling marketing gimmick.
The hoardings had a dummy of a human body with blood oozing out from its mouth hanging with the poster. The dummy looked so real that it fooled people into believing that a man had hung himself.
The hoardings were put up on Sunday night at 12 prominent suburban locations. Those who travelled on Monday morning were horrified and immediately called the police control room. A huge crowd gathered near the hoarding that was put up near the Goregoan flyover. Only when the cops removed the dummy from the hoarding, did people believe that it wasn’t a human body. After this, the police control room continued to get similar calls from the rest of the locations.
Sub Inspector of Amboli Police Station, Ravikant Sawant said, “We got a call in the morning from a passerby who saw the hoarding at Anna Nagar, near Chitrakoot grounds, Andheri. He thought a dead body was hanging on a film poster as there was blood all over him.
We sent a police van immediately. Initially, even we thought the same. Only after removing it, did we realise that it was just a dummy. We have removed it and kept it at our police station so that no one has that issue again.”
Chief Creative Officer of UTV Rampage Motion Pictures, Ram Mirchandani said, “We (the producers) thought it’s a good marketing strategy. If anyone has any objections, then we will take it off.”
The police have removed the dummies from all hoardings and kept them in their custody.
- Andaz Apna Apna 2 to go on floors?
- 100 years of Indian Cinema: The ‘Wood’en tales of Indian Cinema
- Check out Jackky Bhagnani doing a Gangnam Style for Rangrezz
- Damadam Mast Kalandar row: David producer to meet Sindhi Panchayat members
- Cop in Mumbai Mirror not a super-cop; he’s a real one-Sanjay Dutt
- Gihana Khan sizzles in item number in Mumbai Mirror
- Abhijeet Patil-A cop who protects women
- Prakash Raj-Sachiin Joshi play cat-n-mouse game in Mumbai Mirror
- Sachiin Joshi excited about singing in Mumbai Mirror
- Meet the new cop in town: Yeda Patil